Thursday 5 July 2012

Adeboyer's house...."chop my money, chop my money, oohh, I don't care."


Well, I have had a busy week since I have healed from my illness. I don’t know where to start, but I have to admit I had a great friend Mika who invited me to a pretty cool party on Friday night. It was at Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor’s mansion! 
Adeboyer, his mother and another footballer Gyan

Adeboyer is a Togolese footballer who plays for Manchester City as a striker. He has links to Ghana as well. The party was to launch his foundation that provides football stuff to children in the Kumasi area as well as in Togo. Millionaire!!! I was on the prowl for a sugar daddy….. no luck! Mika invited me to the party but he forgot to mention whose party and the appropriate attire. Luckily I felt like dressing a bit fancier than normal and my roommate even borrowed me a pair of cute heals and earrings. Sadly my jeans and nice top with my hair all did up and some make up was still quite under dressed, as the girl sitting next to me said, “these people are dressed wack, don’t worry about it.” So I grabbed a drink and enjoyed the show. 
Shelley and Mika
The security was crazy, before I went to the party I had joined my office mates for drinks and live music at a local bar called Chez Afrique. Since I was arriving in a taxi and I didn’t even know where I was going they didn’t want to let me through the gates, but luckily they finally did let me to the third and final security gate where a friend picked me up. There was a red carpet with his dozen or so unbelievable cars in the background, good thing I showed up late because I was not in red carpet attire. It was quite an interesting experience, my friend invited me to go the next evening, but I climbed the tallest mountain on Sunday so I figured I would need my rest. More to come in the next few days on the exciting happenings in Ghana!  

No comments:

Post a Comment