Sunday 13 May 2012

Roommate and logistics


I made it safely to Ghana. Now it is time to exchange some money and get myself in order. I have one roommate Eva (name changed to respect privacy). She is a nice young woman a few years younger than me. We chatted quite a bit my first night here. She fears mosquitoes and told me I should as well. You may think that’s a laughing matter but actually it is a very serious issue. The last thing I want is to come down with Malaria or Dengue Fever. I even brought out the Permethrin to spray down the curtains on the windows and add an extra squirt to our bed nets.
I knew it was going to be hot, but it actually wasn’t too bad last night or today. I’m definitely sticky, but it isn’t unbearable. I know it will get worse and I better prepare myself. I went to the bank to exchange money which is surprisingly super easy.
Long day and the heat is calling me to my bed and I need my rest for the next day. This weekend will be wondering the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment